65° F
Current Conditions
Radio Station Info Staff Advertising Job Opportunities Contact Us
 

Listen Live

Click Here To

Sign Our Guest Book


RSS Feed

KCSR EEO Report
KBPY EEO Report
KCSR Public File
KBPY Public File

(Neb)-Open Door On Wood Stove Blamed For Rural Scottsbluff Fire

By: John Axtell Posted at: 12/28/2017 08:50 AM
SCOTTSBLUFF, Neb. (AP) - A rural Scottsbluff man was treated for smoke inhalation yesterday after a fire that was blamed on sparks from a wood-burning stove.
 
    Scottsbluff Rural Fire Department Captain Paul Reisig says firefighters were dispatched around 2 a.m. Wednesday to the rural home on the northwest side of the city. Captain Reisig says the the stove door hadn't been closed properly, allowing sparks to escape and ignite the carpet and boxes near the stove.
 
     Reisig says the two occupants, Bryon and Madi Adams used water and an extinguisher to battle the flames until firefighters arrived. Bryon Adams was then taken to Regional West Medical Center for treatment.


Comments:


Back to News

Printer Friendly Version

Send Story to a friend.