67° F
Current Conditions
Radio Station Info Staff Advertising Job Opportunities Contact Us

Listen Live

Click Here To

Sign Our Guest Book

RSS Feed

KCSR Annual EEO Report
KBPY Annual EEO Report

(Wyo.)-Carbon Monoxide Prompts Fairgrounds Arena Evacuation

By: Roxie Graham-Marski Posted at: 10/08/2012 10:01 AM
     CASPER, Wyo. (AP) - A heater leaking carbon monoxide gas prompted the evacuation of the Central Wyoming Fairgrounds Arena, where a canine competition was being held.
     Participants in the Agility Club of Central Wyoming's dog agility trials reported experiencing headaches and nausea beginning Friday, and a concerned bystander made an emergency call Saturday afternoon. Emergency crews detected carbon monoxide in the arena before entering the building, and participants were told to leave for about an hour.
     No one was treated for carbon monoxide poisoning or any other complications at the scene
     Fire/EMS spokesman Craig Kidder says "this being the first cold snap, everybody's heaters are kicking on, including industrial heaters," and if a system has sprung a leak or developed another problem over the summer, it shows itself now.


Back to News

Printer Friendly Version

Send Story to a friend.