(Wyo.)-Campbell County Dog Dies Of Flesh-Eating Bacteria
GILLETTE, Wyo. (AP) - A Campbell County dog died last week of the "flesh-eating bacteria" known as necrotizing fasciitis.
Dr. Darren Lynde, a veterinarian at Animal Medical Center in Gillette, says it's unknown how the 6-year-old Great Dane was infected. But Lynde says the case is not related to three human cases of flesh-eating bacteria recently reported by Campbell County's Memorial Hospital.
Lynde says it's rare for animals to be infected with the bacteria.
Back to News
Printer Friendly Version
Send Story to a friend.