(S.D.)-Grants Help Agencies Improve Computer Services
PIERRE, S.D. (AP) - A South Dakota program has awarded grants to help organizations in 15 communities improve their computer services.
The projects will cost more than $112,000. The grants cover 80 percent of the cost, while each institution must provide the remaining 20 percent.
The grants are part of the South Dakota Broadband Initiative, which seeks to enhance high speed Internet service. The money will be used to improve computer security and provide computers and other equipment.
The grants will go to school districts, public libraries, cities, YMCA facilities, and other organizations in Beresford, Brookings, Sturgis, Philip, Hayti, Miller, Madison, Pierre, Gettysburg, Redfield, Volga, Fort Pierre and Rapid City.
Back to News
Printer Friendly Version
Send Story to a friend.