(Neb.)-Family Safe After Home Damaged By Fire
(Chadron)-A Chadron family fell victim to fire this week when their home was destroyed on Tuesday evening. Chadron Fire Chief Pat Gould said that the trailer at Eagle’s Nest will probably be considered a total loss due to smoke and heat damage, even though the fire was contained to a bedroom.
According to Gould, crews were called to the scene at approximately 11 pm on Tuesday evening. When crews arrived, the residents were out of the structure, and were not injured. Gould said the blaze was ignited by a window air conditioning unit. He stated that crews were able to knock down the fire and return to the fire hall by 1 am on Wednesday.
The family that was living in the trailer does have relatives in town, and Gould said that the Red Cross was notified and will be assisting as well.
(Copyright 2012 KCSR/Chadrad Communications, Inc. May not be reproduced in any form without permission.)
Back to News
Printer Friendly Version
Send Story to a friend.