(Neb.)-Fireworks-Related Fire Displaces Gering Family
(GERING)-A fireworks-related structure fire Wednesday night in Gering has displaced a local family. Fire Chief Jay Templar says the blaze destroyed a garage and caused significant smoke and water damage to the home.
Templar says the fire started outside the garage from discarded fireworks placed in a trash can. Templar says a garage full of items, including antiques, were lost. A tree between property lines also caught on fire.
Firefighters were called to the scene shortly before 11:00 p.m. to put out the blaze.
(Courtesy KNEB, Scottsbluff)
Back to News
Printer Friendly Version
Send Story to a friend.