(Chadron)-The Chadron Fire Department has had a busy Labor Day Holiday. A call was received shortly before noon of a Hazmat call after a trailer came loose from a vehicle north of Chadron and ran through a fence on private property. The trailer had a propane tank on it, and propane was leaking.
A second call came in around 12:15 of a vehicle fire on the 100 block of Morehead Street. It was reported that a pickup with books in it was on fire and there were other vehicles around it. Chadron Police Officers blocked traffic so fire personnel could extinguish the blaze. The pickup appeared to be immobile and was in a fenced off lot with other older vehicles. Crews were able to put out the fire very quickly.
As more information becomes available on both of these incidents, we will pass that along to our listeners.
(Questions? Comments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org)